Call Us: 561-206-2574
1. a private teacher, typically one who teaches a single student or a very small group.
synonyms: teacher, instructor, educator, lecturer, trainer, mentor;
JAY-mee the Tu·tor
1. a full service tutoring and mentoring agency specializing in Multi-sensory Learning.
At Jamie the Tutor, exceptional is the only option.
Our tutors and mentors have the experience, skills, and knowledge to lead your youth to success, starting right now.
Overview of the Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Developed in the 1930’s by Dr. Samuel T. Orton, & psychologist Anna Gillingham.
- Designed to help with reading, writing and spelling.
- Multi-sensory, sequential, cumulative, cognitive, and flexible approach.
- Integrates the three learning pathways: auditory, kinesthetic, and visual.
- Direct instruction explaining what is to be learned, and why & how.
- Systematic teaching of language sounds, using phonemic awareness.
- Taught individually in a 1-on-1 setting, or in small groups.
Trained in the Wilson Reading System
The Wilson Reading System is a structured literacy program based on phonological-coding research and Orton Gillingham principles. The Wilson Reading System directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language.
Read more about the Wilson Reading System.
Lindamood-Bell Visualizing & Verbalizing
The Visualizing and Verbalizing® (V/V®) program develops concept imagery—the ability to create an imagined or imaged gestalt from language—as a basis for comprehension and higher order thinking. The development of concept imagery improves reading and listening comprehension, memory, oral vocabulary, critical thinking, and writing.
How We Do Math Differently
Say goodbye to those traditional methods that have not been working.
At Jamie The Tutor, your child will be exposed to a new way that makes learning math fun and exciting.
- Does your child know there math facts but struggles with word problems and computation?
- Is your child struggling to remember concepts, math facts and formulas?
- Is your child struggling to remember the rules and steps to effectively solve math problems?
Math does not have to be taught only using abstract techniques. Using a multi-sensory based approach while teaching mathematics sets students up for independence when completing math tasks. Our math experts are ready to change your child’s life.
If You Have A Problem, We Can Solve It.
- Do you need help with a school project?
- Do you need help with your homework assignments?
- Do you need assistance writing a research paper?
- Do you need reinforcement in a specific subject, such as History or English?
- Do you need someone to peer review your assignment?
- Do you want to learn effective methods for studying?
- Do you want to learn proper organizational skills?
Are You a Good Student, but Want to be Great?
- Do you want that extra push when it comes to Academics?
- Do you need a boost in your confidence?
- Do you need someone to talk to about issues you are having with friends?
- Do you need guidance and support?
Jamie the Tutor is here for you every step of the way!
You have stumbled upon the right tutor and mentor for you! We are not your typical tutors.
We are much more than that. Passionate! Flexible! Sensitive! Caring! Loving! Patient! We have put our hearts into helping children – that is why we are so successful at what we do!
We are the tutors or mentors you have been searching for. We guide and motivate children of all ages to be the best they can be and it is rewarding to see their positive outcomes.
Visit our sister company: