Services for Students at All Levels
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
Fully trained in the Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Multi-sensory learning
- Enhances memory and learning
- Utilizes auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learning pathways
- Links sounds of letter with written symbols
- Provides structure and sequential learning
- Benefits students of all ages
Trained in the Wilson Reading System
The Wilson Reading System is a structured literacy program based on phonological-coding research and Orton Gillingham principles. The Wilson Reading System directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language.
Read more about the Wilson Reading System.
Lindamood-Bell Visualizing & Verbalizing
The Visualizing and Verbalizing® (V/V®) program develops concept imagery—the ability to create an imagined or imaged gestalt from language—as a basis for comprehension and higher order thinking. The development of concept imagery improves reading and listening comprehension, memory, oral vocabulary, critical thinking, and writing.
Incredibly Flexible and Attentive Tutoring
We work with all learning styles, abilities, and needs. We tutor general and exceptional-student education (ESE) students. You can read more on the Tutoring Page.
How We Do Math Differently
Say goodbye to those traditional methods that have not been working.
At Jamie The Tutor, your child will be exposed to a new way that makes learning math fun and exciting.
- Does your child know there math facts but struggles with word problems and computation?
- Is your child struggling to remember concepts, math facts and formulas?
- Is your child struggling to remember the rules and steps to effectively solve math problems?
Math does not have to be taught only using abstract techniques. Using a multi-sensory based approach while teaching mathematics sets students up for independence when completing math tasks. Our math experts are ready to change your child’s life.
Help for All Students in All Grades
We will never turn down a student that needs help. We provide in home one-on-one tutoring services for most children.
- We provide help with homework assignments.
- We provide help in subject specific courses.
- We provide any type of student with valuable tools to succeed.
Excellent Study Skills and Habits
- We teach proper organizational skills.
- We mentor, guide, and motivate students in all areas of life.
- We motivate children to be the best they can be.
Genuine Interest in the Youth as an Individual
Our Mentoring Services are incredibly flexible, covering many aspects of a students life. Some problems in student’s lives go deeper than homework and so we strive to provide unique one-on-one services designed to build a student’s character, morals, drive, resourcefulness and confidence.